We are a fast-paced managed services provider offering a wide range of IT services to small and medium businesses in and around greater Boston. We have been growing rapidly since 2010 and have a position open for a Systems Engineer who has strong experience with networking and firewalls. This position would involve being an escalation point for our helpdesk team, junior engineers, and responsibility for high-level dispatches to clients. While not a management position, this would be a technical lead for both helpdesk technicians and field engineers.
Based out of our Newton office, our team provides exceptional customer service to a wide range of clients located in and around the Greater Boston area. Our senior engineers are an integral part of our team at ArcLight and are exposed to complex challenges with workstations, servers, cloud environments, networking configurations, email, and much more. If you want an environment that will turn you into a monster IT professional, this is the place for you.
- Solid customer service skills, both over the phone and in person.
- Positive attitude and approach to technical issues and challenges, as well as client interactions
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - 2012, including: Active Directory, Exchange, file services and print services. SQL experience is a plus, but not required.
- Workstation troubleshooting skills, including Windows user and Outlook profile management, and use of business applications, e.g., MS Office, QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot complex server and workstation performance issues
- Experience with both local and off-site backup technologies
- Understanding of server and workstation hardware, ability to swap out components, RAM, etc.
- Willingness to alternate between the fun complex projects, and the routine helpdesk tasks such as virus removal, print/save issues, migrations, etc.
- Great documentation skills. Bonus points if you're good with network/infrastructure drawings.
Additional Preferred Skills
- We are looking for someone experienced with Fortinet FortiGate firewalls, Sonicwall firewalls and Cisco equipment, who can handle a range of networking tasks and concepts including, but not limited to:
- New firewall configurations and installs, troubleshooting existing networks
- Configuring site-to-site, SSL and IPSec VPNs
- Switching protocols (VLANs, trunking, STP, POE, etc.)
- VoIP systems
- Assisting in the on-boarding of new clients, including analyzing and documenting their existing networks
- Implementing and managing WiFi networks from various vendors, including Ubiquiti Unifi
- Other Requirements
- Reliable car for transportation (we reimburse for mileage)
- Ability to climb a ladder to install/troubleshoot WiFi APs in drop ceilings
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs; we often have to deliver servers and other hardware.
Culture & Compensation
We believe the best work for our clients comes from happy engineers, so we've worked to create a tech-for-tech environment. We work in a fast-paced industry, which we complement with a laid back work environment with many perks. One of the keys to our success has been our culture of exceptional customer service, so we're looking for someone who can deliver the right attitude as well as the right technical solutions. Salary and benefits are dependent on experience.
- Some job benefits include:
- Friendly office environment, emphasis on not burning out in IT - We enforce our lunch breaks!
- Complimentary Beverages and Snacks
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Commission structure available for new client referrals
- Flexible scheduling with ability to work from home when needed