We are a fast-paced managed services provider offering a wide range of IT services to small and medium businesses in and around greater Boston. We have been growing rapidly since 2010 and have a position open for an IT Apprentice. We value personality and attitude first and foremost because while solid technical skills can be taught, often the right attitude cannot. We have developed a great team that has resulted in happy clients.
Based out of our Newton office, we are looking for an ambitious person who wants an introduction to the IT world to assist our company with entry-level technical work. This will primarily include completing workstation builds by following checklists, assist with equipment deliveries, and entry-level helpdesk support and diagnosis. We’re looking for hard working, detail oriented, and positive people that want to learn the best practices in IT. We are flexible on experience level, and evenings and part-time work are acceptable. We work with Universities to offer co-op and internship credit. Our team is exposed to complex engineering work from workstations, servers, cloud environments, networking configurations, email, and much more. We support our team as they pursue certifications and discover which IT disciplines they would like to master. If you want an environment that will turn you into a monster IT professional, ArcLight IT is the place for you.
- Solid customer service skills, both over the phone and in person
- Positive attitude and approach to technical issues and challenges, as well as client interactions
- Desire to learn new skills, and pursue a career path.
- Experience with Windows desktop operating systems
- Understanding of workstation hardware, ability to swap out internal components such as system memory, hard drives, video cards, etc.
- Printer setup, installation, and management
- Excellent attention to detail and strong documentation skills
- Reliable car for transportation (we reimburse for mileage)
Additional Preferred Skills
- Proficiency with Windows desktop operating systems: XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- Windows user profile and Outlook profile management skills
- Business application support, including MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, QuickBooks, etc.
- Proficiency in handling virus and malware removal
- Experience with networking concepts and equipment such as routers, switches, and wireless access points
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Outlook Online, Google Apps for Work, and Dropbox-style file sync and sharing systems, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting corporate resource access issues on mobile devices (Android and iOS phones and tablets)
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot complex server and workstation performance issues
- Experience with server applications including: Active Directory, Exchange, RDS and published apps, file and print services, SQL, SharePoint.
- Experience with both local and off-site backup methods and technologies
- Network/infrastructure drawings
Culture & Compensation
We believe the best work for our clients comes from happy engineers, so we've worked to create a tech-for-tech environment. We work in a fast-paced industry, which we complement with a laid back work environment with many perks. One of the keys to our success has been our culture of exceptional customer service, so we're looking for someone who can deliver the right attitude as well as the right technical solutions. Salary and benefits are dependent on experience.
Some job benefits include:
- Friendly office environment, emphasis on not burning out in IT - We enforce our lunch breaks!
- Complimentary Beverages and Snacks
- Commission structure available for new client referrals
- Flexible scheduling